Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

> Count me interested. Count internet cafes and kiosk admins.
>
> I don't see why you are so against a change that won't affect you, but
> will enable others to do what they want.

Because it will affect me in some way. The point is whether we want to
satisfy the (estimated) small number of users who *might* need this
functionality by making a large number of changes to packages (Russell has
provided an extensive list of those effected). This is very likely to
introduce bugs and make us non-standard WRT the other Linux distributions.

> Grow up a little.

I fail to see how I deserved this comment and I'd put forward the opinion
that it is you who are acting childishly!

Matt.