Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

#include <hallo.h>
* Ian Eure [Wed, Mar 26 2003, 09:08:13PM]:

> Please continue maintaining linux-wlan-ng and apt-src. I completely agree that
> having the same sources in the archive twice is wasteful and technically

Please check the sizes. We have additional kernel-source* .deb packages
in the archive, much bigger than all module-source packages and nobody
cares about it.

> inferior to using apt-src. apt-src has the potential to pull lots of users
> from Gentoo and other source-based distros which have become popular in the
> last couple years.
> I do think that we should eventuall phase out all the source-binary packages
> in favor of using apt-src; a transition period of a release or two should be
> sufficient.

I did not request anything different. Keep creating -source package as
usual, then extend apt-src to allow smooth transition, then extend
debian-cd to include such essential source packages in default config
and only then begin to kill -source packages. And not vice versa.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Damit immer mehr immer weniger tun können, müssen immer weniger immer
mehr tun.