Re: should I orphan linux-wlan-ng?

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 12:50, Joey Hess wrote:
> Please read bug #184899 and if enough people feel that I am completly
> off-base in this, I will just orhapan linux-wlan-ng (and apt-src since I
> will have no incentive to keep working on it -- I wrote it so I could
> have the possbility of packaging modules packages in a way I was
> comfortable with), and someone else can do whatever they like with it.

Absolutely not. The correct thing to do, given our infrastructure, is to
create source-only packages in the cases of these patches, similar to
the way pine-src has gone the way of the dodo. Generating binaries is
simply an added bonus for users who have the capability to use them.

As an aside, I've never been that satisfied with the way module source
packages are handled. I haven't looked into apt-src at all[0], but
anything that can make it less painful is a good thing in my books.

Joe

0. No, I really mean at all. I know that it exists, but have no idea
what it does.