Re: Closing bugs in removed packages

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> > Adding reopening of archived bugs is really rather trival.  So trivial
> > that no one has done it.
>
> I tried and got lost in your real-time database code, I'm afraid. :( If
> you feel like doing that half I'll do the other half.

What real-time code?  Nothing official is using the code in ~doogie/debbugs/.

Looking at the code, it appears it may already handle it.  The large if block
in notebug() is against the current state of the bug.  You'll then notice that
once this is figured out, it deletes the old state, whether it's now archived,
but wasn't previously, or is now active, and was archived before.

If I were to set down and do it, it'd probably take 2-3 hours.  If that.