Mirroring virus databases

Hi!

In reference to bug #185043, I would like to propose that Debian mirror
some important data that is updated by the upstream authors of some
software. Examples are clamav, which the bug concerns, and other virus
scanners that can have their data updated over the Internet.

Debian could provide the infrastructure and maintainers wishing to
provide this facility to their packages could then negotiate with
upstream authors to determine if it is applicable in a particular case.

I think this would be a great service to Debian users, and would give
more credibility to free anti-virus software.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>
paniq.net