Re: dh_installinetd

Brian May wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 09:26:47AM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Parsing *inetd.conf might be challenging, imho our file should support
> > as many options as possible, so that perople can edit
> > /etc/up-inetd.d/daemon with dpkg-conffile protection.
> >
> > If you just offer the bare minimum of options in /etc/up-inetd.d/* you
> > must parse *inetd.conf and merge/overrride options because people must
> > customize *inetd.conf.
>
> This is the horrible point.

Put the inetd control files in the control archive, they'll be in
/var/lib/dpkg/info and not conffiles, make update-inetd only use them at
install/upgrade/remove time, always honoring user local customizations.
Maybe add hooks to update-inetd so postinsts can force attempts at merge
if something big changed (like a port).

--
see shy jo