Re: ifupdown writes to /etc... a bug?

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:31:35AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> How feasible is this for Debian to do without FHS backup? If not, then
> we should draft a proposal to the FHS folk pushing /run.

It's required for us to do it without FHS backup: the current FHS
maintainer's policy [0] is to accept changes only when they've been
demonstrated as being workable by distros.

Cheers,
aj

[0] http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/17043/2002/8/0/9320834/

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''