Re: new experimental ppp package

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 11:35:42AM +0100, Russell Coker wrote:
> I have put a new experimental ppp package online on
> http://www.coker.com.au/ppp/ .  It includes among other things Brian's
> dialler script.
>
> At the moment I'm not in the best position to test this so I'd appreciate any
> testing assistance (especially from you Brian).

Where can I get the *.orig.tar.gz file from?

Also note that I have modified my autopppd script,
but yet tested the modified version.

It should be more modular now. It uses a perl module that does the
connect, and this perl module could be replaced with another one
(although this currently is hardcoded; I am not really sure the
best way to configure this).

I want it to work with ISDN connections too, because ISDN has the
potential to make many more phone calls then standard PPP, simply
because dialing is so much faster, however there are a few issues that
need to be resolved first. The main difficulty is I need to connect()
function that calls "isdnctrl dial ippp0" but does not return until the
connection is disconnected. Ideally I don't want to have a loop that
regularly checks the status either.

The new version is available at
<URL:http://www.microcomaustralia.com.au/debian/experimental/>
but be warned it hasn't actually had much real testing.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>