help with dh_dhelp

hi,

i'm trying to pack up some source for pov-ray. i didn't check non-free
(didn't really want to), but i do have contrib sources in my
sources.list (don't worry i'm getting to my question soon =), and didn't
see it there, so i went to their website and downloaded and compiled it.

i used dh_make to make the requiredfiles to make a .deb, did some minor
editing - it's for my own personal use, so i figured  enough to tell
*me* what it was was enough, and to get it functional - dh_make isn't
doing --sysconfdir=/etc like it should, btw.

now, what's hanging me up is there's docs in an html/ directory, so i
added a dh_help to the debian/rules file. for some reason it's doesn't
a. see my changes to the postrm, prerm, postinst, and preinst files in
debian/, and konks out saying:

dh_dhelp
-------   dhelp processing   -------
find: debian/tmp/usr/share/doc: No such file or directory
------------------------------------

then i try to install it, and since it didn't complete properly the
installation fails:

(Reading database ... 174172 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace povray 3.50c-1 (using ../povray_3.50c-1_powerpc.deb) ...
Document `povray' is not installed, cannot remove.
Unpacking replacement povray ...
Setting up povray (3.50c-1) ...
cannot create dhelp file '/usr/share/doc/povray/html/.dhelp': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing povray (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 povray

i've looked up google, the man pages, and /usr/share/doc, and none of
them are giving me any clues on how to *fix* problems that may arise,
and i've double-checked what i've done, and it *seems* ok, but it
obviously isn't.

i've tried 6 times or more to get it to work, and *shrug*.

i'm running unstable on a PPC 7500 604e.

cheers,
eric

 ,''`.   http://www.debian.org/  | http://www.nuit.ca/
 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux        | http://simonraven.nuit.ca/
 `. `'                           | PGP key ID: 6169 BE0C 0891 A038