Re: mail to 123456-quiet@bugs.debian.org

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 14:21, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 01:34:03PM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
>
> > Other bugtracking systems like Bugzilla solve this problem by having
> > per-user preferences.
>
> This problem would not exist if mail to the xxx@bugs address reached the
> submitter as well.  Then, all messages could be directed there.

That could be a good idea.  It would then put the burden on the Debian
maintainer to avoid sending the submitter duplicate copies when
replying, which seems much more likely to work.

A lot of bug submitters would probably like being automatically CC'd on
updates to the bug; that's how Bugzilla does it.

But then again some might not; we would have to supply a way to turn it
off.  I guess this could be accomplished just by changing the submitter
address to something else, maybe.

I guess it's up to the BTS admins.

(Incidentally, before anyone interprets my mentioning Bugzilla as
advocating we switch to it or anything drastic like that: it is nothing
of the sort.  I use both debbugs and Bugzilla pretty much daily, and
I've come to appreciate their separate strengths and weaknesses.
Something of a merger between the two would definitely be my ideal
BTS...)