Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 11:59:51AM -0400, marco trevisani wrote:
> I would like to start some formal discussion and get opinions from
> Debian devel and maintainers -especially those that would be obviously
> involved. Plus i would like to take the *official* steps to start such a
> subproject- i know from Ben Armstrong howto that this is not very much
> defined yet... actually this would be another good reason to start such
> a project so that how to could be taken to an end...-

There really are no official steps.  Nor do I think it is necessary to have
any official "subproject status" defined within Debian.  All I have
described is a template for starting a subproject based on my own
experiences.  I'm sure there are all sorts of ways to go about it, and the
way I describe in my subproject-howto (which, btw, I finally uploaded as
version 0.5 just now) is just my take on it.

Anyway, have a look at the document so far:

	http://people.debian.org/~synrg/subproject-howto.html/index.html

I'd appreciate help refining this document towards a complete and usable
document, focusing first on the areas which, from your experience with
demudi, need to be more clearly defined.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org