Re: Some ideas about the Debian Runlevel System

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> Level, I think this is a bit of counterproductive. If we would do a
> logical breakup in the runlevel there would be many advantages.
> Like more overview or a better administration.

Read:
http://people.debian.org/~hmh/debconf2/debconf2-initscripts-bkg.ps.gz

Then think about it for a while.

> So I want to ask for your opinions about that thing.

There you go:  let's kill the whole multiple-user-runlevel thing as far as
the packaging system goes, and leave it all to "user-config space" (i.e.
outside of the debian packaging and policy proper).

> I also think that a change-over to this System wouldn't be very painful

No, it would be EXTREMELY painful and disruptive.

  Henrique Holschuh