Re: cvs.debian.org problem

Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > F. Heitkamp wrote:
> > > I am trying to log into
>
> > Please forgive my ignorance, but where does it say that there is an
> > anonymous user for this repository?
>
> It is possible I am an idiot, but it seemed pretty obvious
> when I looked at the web page.  I assume you looked at the
> page but, if not, I quote it for you: "Debian CVS repositories are
> available via anonymous CVS ....."

No, I am the idiot, you were correct and should expect the anonymous
account to work.  I wasn't aware of the "problem" that the banner
text says that all repositories provide an anonymous account.  So
to be precise, this repository (debian-gcc), does not have an
anonymous account and you can only browse it through the web interface.

The text is now adjusted and new repositories won't be created under
cvs.debian.org -- at least not by me -- but within the alioth system
when it is available.  I hope that it'll provide an easier way to
expose an anonymous account for readers.

Regards,

	Joey

--
All language designers are arrogant.  Goes with the territory...
	-- Larry Wall