Re: Strange diagnostic

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:40:50AM +0000, Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> was heard to say:
> > nikita@sercond:~> ls -l /usr/local/sbin/restart-after-upgrade
> > -rwxr--r--    1 root     root         1044  11  2001
>
> The problem is that the user doesn't have execute permission on
> /path/to/interpreter

  Actually, I would rather suspect that the user doesn't have execute
permission on /usr/local/sbin/restart-after-upgrade.  You can create a
non-executable file yourself and check.

  Weird error message, though.

  Daniel

|             "I've struggled with reality for thirty-five years,             |
|              but I'm glad to say that I finally won."                       |
|               -- _Harvey_                                                   |
\----------------- The Turtle Moves! -- http://www.lspace.org ----------------/