Re: Some myths regarding apt pinning

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 18:11, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> That's exactly the problem Adrian points out

I guess there is some misunderstanding here.  What I called
A.B.'s "worst case scenario" is the scenario in which libc6
gets upgraded once from unstable ... to a buggy version ...
and is subsequently not upgraded from there again even when
a security fix is released.  As he pointed out, security
fixes usually appear in unstable the same time they
appear in stable, so the worst-case scenario is avoided if
pinning is set up such that the "unstable" packages continue
to be upgraded from unstable.

I should add that just avoiding A.B.'s worst case does not
guarantee that one's system is secure.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk>