ntop build library problems (libgd2/rrdtool)

Hi all,

I'm currently prepraring a new ntop release and have a couple of problems
because of some library dependencies.

The current cvs version of ntop has the stability greatly improved and offers rrdtool support, so that you don't loose all your data once you restart ntop.

I've successfully build a package[1] for woody which is installed at our
companies firewalls, but I needed to make changes to 2 more packages in
order to build it.

Affected packages:

libgd2 --> rebuild with libpng3
rrdtool --> rebuild with libpng3 and libgd2

Ntop and gdchart need libpng3,libgd2. If rrdtool is not build with
libpng3, ntop will die once the rrd graphics will be accessed. With
a message like:

.... is compiled with png.c 1.2 ...
.... running with png.c 1.0 ...

Any idea how this can be resolved? Or will libgd2 and rrdtool in the
near future switch to libpng3?

Thanks for any help
 Dennis

PS: Please CC me on any answer as I'm currently not on this List.

[1]: deb ftp://debian.teuto.net intern main contrib non-free
    deb-src ftp://debian.teuto.net intern main contrib non-free
--
Wanting to kill yourself after loosing a game of Go is extreme, sure,
but not unheard-of.