Re: C++ transition stumbling blocks?

Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> writes:
> I've been thinking about trying to package libtool CVS up for Debian,
> possible as an alternate package, simply because it fixes just about
> every bug and problem I know about!

Can you tell it to not use/produce shared libraries at all (e.g., just
use traditional static libraries)?  I thought libtool was supposed to be
able to do this, but the last time I tried I couldn't get it to (and the
libtool script itself was so incredibly, absurdly, convoluted and
unreadable, that I really couldn't figure out why).

For that matter, the biggest problem with libtool I think is that it is
(or at least was) so hard to understand.

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein