Re: pbuilder running :) [ppro trolls read this]

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:17:55PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > I've just configured pbuilder to run over the Sid distribution on a
> > Pentium Pro 200 - it might take some time :) I have parsed the
> > all the Packages files into MySql and am running a script that will attempt to
> > build a package only when its dependecies were already built.
>
> I've looked at the page, and it looked pretty nice :)
> Nice work.

Thanks. But it's stuck now. I have to make a script to run in the
chroot to update the Packages file without the super long
process of updating the base tarball.. Since I'm rebuilding
the packages as it's build depends become available, I need
to update the packages since MD5 and size are different :(

I'll also would like to add disk space usage and that should
go in the chain root as well..

How can I add stuff in the /etc/init.d in the chroot? I assume
that all the start and stop scripts get run after base
is unpacked and before it is deleted. Right?

Request: It would be great if "pbuilder login" would allow
one to modify the chroot and on logout it would just
make a new base tarball. Right now the easiest way to add
any configs like that would be to make a local package with
necessary scripts...

> > NOTE: I've only mirrored /pool for sources. But a few packages already
> > failed because their sources are still in /dist under potato...
> > Will these ever get moved to pool?
>
> When they get re-uploaded, which is highly unlikely considering they
> haven't been updated in the last few years..

Well, some of them will get stuck with serious FTBFS bugs but things
like libident, well, I don't know. The most I could do is
request they get reuploaded...

Maybe someone could NMU them just so they get moved to /pool. It would
make mirroring easier since only Packages, Contents and Sources could
get fetched from /dist and only needed types of files fetched
from /pool.

- Adam

PS. Is there any utility that will scan the file system (sans /proc, /dev, /usr/local, /lib/modules,
/usr/src, and maybe some others) again Contents and spit out any files left arround from
previous updates? And check integrity of installed packages [ie. all files installed
in right places]?