Re: more and more broken packages?

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 06:39, Erik Steffl wrote:
>    now I still have the following packages on hold (uninstallable):

> ih libpgperl		7.3rel-8  7.3.1-5
> ih libpgtcl		7.3rel-8  7.3.1-5
> ih postgresql		7.3rel-8  7.3.1-5
> ih postgresql-client	7.3rel-8  7.3.1-5
> ih postgresql-contrib	7.3rel-8  7.3.1-5
>
>    as far as I can tell each of them is broken:

>    why do developers upload packages that clearly cannot be installed? I
> mean I understand that from time to time there is a problem but current
> situation is quite bad and it seems to be getting worse.

These packages can be installed; if there are no dependency problems
that prevent it.  Apparently you have such problems, but I've no clue
what they are, since you "haven't investigated them" or haven't told me.

     "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but
      against principalities, against powers, against the
      rulers of the darkness of this world, against
      spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take
      unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able
      to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to
      stand."              Ephesians 6:12,13