Re: why is it not moving to testing

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 09:46:11AM -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
 > On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 07:07, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
 >
 > >     * Packages are actually built will the most recent releases of their
 > >       build-dependencies -- on all architectures
 >
 > Huh?  You can't guarantee this without simply Build-Depending on
 > those latest versions.  Doing source-only uploads won't change that.

 Huh back.

 Two things:

    * I think it's safe to assume that autobuilders are reasonably
      up-to-date.

    * A package that doesn't build because the autobuilder is using a
      newer release of a build-dependency has been heard of.

    * (I can't count) Surely, if a package build-depends on a specific
      version of another package, the maintainer won't just hope that
      the autobuilder happens to have the correct version...

--
Marcelo