Re: 0755 files after install, 0644 before.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:03:42AM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:

> what's even more funny is that this only occurs when I used dpkg -i to
> install the package from the .deb file. if i use apt-get from
> a repository, it works...

This is hard to believe...apt invokes dpkg to install packages; it never
touches any files belonging to other packages.  Are you sure that you are
getting exactly the same package in both instances?  Does dpkg --contents on
/var/cache/apt/archives/package.deb show the correct permissions?

As far as I know, the only things that should be able to cause different
permissions on the system than in the .deb are statoverrides and
interference from other packages (diversions, shared directories, etc.).

> > (debian-mentors is the place for this, btw)
>
> why? this is about development, isn't it?

I misinterpreted your original message; I thought the permissions were
simply wrong in the .deb.

--
 - mdz