Re: different configs for 386 and 686 kernel

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 10:25:37PM +0100, Marcel Kolaja wrote:
> > Seems to be a bug in 386, because it might make it impossible to mount
> > / as ext3 if ext3 is built as module and ext2 is not.
>
> This is exactly, what I was thinking about it. If I have / ext3, it will
> be mounted as ext2 with the 386 kernel. Am I right? So shall I file the
> bug report against kernel-image-2.4.20?

The 386 kernel is used by debian-installer.

When I last played around with debian-installer, the initrd
image used the ext2fs filesystem.

So a kernel without the ext2fs filesystem compiled in wouldn't
work.

(note: I don't know what justification, if any, there is here).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>