Re: different configs for 386 and 686 kernel

Marcel Kolaja wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to finetune kernel to fit more my needs. Studying the config
files for Debian kernels I found out, the 386 kernel has CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
but the 686 kernel has CONFIG_EXT2_FS=m. This is intention or mistake? Why
do we want to have the ext2fs support compiled directly in the kernel and
not as a module in the 386 subarchitecture?

It seems an error. EXT2 should be compiled directly in kernel.. or
you have problem accessing the root partition.

ciao
	giacomo

(I am talking about the 2.4.20-3 kernel image packages.)

Regards,

Marcel Kolaja
"Ako vraví klasik, RTFM is OK, if you tell me, where in TFM should
I R. :-)"       -- Stanislav Meduna