Re: Another pbuilder run finished

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:32, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > Is it possible to tune pbuilder to use make -j x ? We have an
> > experimental openmosix cluster that could use erm, "load testing".
>
> My experience with openmosix shows that it does not distribute compilation
> well. At least I failed to configure it to do so.

Maybe you should talk to Moshe about that, I recall him talking about
OpenMosix being used for very similar large-compile tasks with great
success...

> "Fast" compiler runs complete before OM even tries to migrate them, and
> "slow" ones become even slower because they use plenty of memory in such
> way that most part of it has to be migrated even with OM's "lazy" migration
> (i.e. page is migrated only when referenced).

If you have a compilation task that launches "make -C" on many different
sub-directories then if each "make -C" gets on a different machine then the
results should be good.