Re: *Please* fix spamassassin's score configuration

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 09:56:27PM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 04:50:56PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> [snip]
> > I would say there is a very high correlation between what I consider junk
> > email, and what is sent with a high priority.
> [snip]

> Unfortunately, in my case I happen to receive actually important email
> from people who regularly use the priority field. (Not many, but it is
> quite important to me not to lose the few mails that come in that way.)
> Hence my caution in putting too much significance on it in a spam filter.

> If this is deemed not to be the case on the Debian lists, then I'm all for
> filtering based on high priority.

I don't think anyone has suggested giving a high enough score to the
Priority headers to cause mail to be filtered all by themselves.  Just
like not sending a real name in the From: header is enough for the mail
to be considered spam.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer