Re: Proposal - non-free software removal

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 10:53:33AM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> [...]
[...]

> In fact, cmap-adobe-* and xpdf-japanese/korean/chinese-*
> are same kind of files so I believe they could be collected
> to one package (per japanese/korean/chinese) to be used both
> xpdf and ghostscript.
>
> And Hamish Moffatt is now working to try to do so, I guess.

That's correct. I am hoping that if all of the cmap files can be
combined into the cmap-* packages, xpdf-japanese etc could move intro
contrib. However that doesn't really buy us much because it would still
require non-free software to work.

> (Perhaps dvipdfm-cjk-cmap is also the same kind of package
> as far as I understand)

Yes I believe it is.

Hamish