Re: Free bigot flame burning, time to think.

Branden Robinson wrote:

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 03:03:33PM -0700, Eric Richardson wrote:

After reading hundreds of messages, this one is uplifting.

An interesting response to a message that delcares that brands people
who disagree with as bigots.

Sorry, but you are really out of control and put a spin on everything. I stand by my comment as Osamu's message deserves the credit, title or not.

1. I would rather see myself and others use Debian which is free.

So what are you going to do to manifest that vision?

I am one of your users and I encourage and help other people to use Debian.

2. Adding a non-free to Debian is much better than any alternative I can think of.

There hasn't yet been an amendment proposed to John's GR that would
actually do this.

I guess everything has to be spelled out for you. According to 100 por so responses of yours in these threads, non-free is not part of Debian. Therefore I can be only talking about adding a non-free program to Debian.

The rest of your tired arguments are just that. The non-free packaging and convenient access is good for both "users and free software". Using Debian is the first step towards supporting free software so don't limit that by making it hard for people that need a occasional non-free alternative.