Re: ITP: cfortran -- Header file permitting Fortran routines to be called in C/C++

A little more info about this ITP --

I emailed the upstream author, and he agreed to add the LGPL to the list
of licenses under which he is willing to license cfortran (all versions).
This deb actually contains version 4.4 of the cfortran.h header, obtained
from the Cernlib tar.gz files, since upstream hasn't yet put the most
recent version on his web page.

Right now I have this package conflicting with cfitsio-dev, which also
provides a version of the cfortran.h header.  Gopal Narayanan, who
packages cfitsio, has agreed to update his packages to work with cfortran
as soon as it is uploaded.

A preliminary version of the cfortran package I've made is available from
apt-src http://borex.princeton.edu/~kmccarty unstable main

Bas, would you be willing to sponsor cfortran as well as the cernlib debs?
(Regarding those, the current state of my packaging is described at
http://borex.princeton.edu/~kmccarty/ )

Regards,
--Kevin

--
Kevin McCarty                Physics Department
kmccarty@princeton.edu       Princeton University