On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 03:45:03PM -0500, Jim Penny wrote:
> Wow, an actual testable hypothesis.  Is non-free growing relative to
> main?  Is it growing absolutely?  Could we have some numbers on how
> non-free has changed across the years?
>
> My own impression is that it is actually getting smaller, both
> relatively, and probably absolutely.
>
> If so, it is my opinion that this acrimonious debate is not worth
> the electrons used to illuminate it.

If the proportion is decaying asymptotically, then, we'll never actually
be rid of non-free, so the argument that we need only be patient would
fail.

Why doesn't an opponent of the GR offer a quanitative measure for when
it *would* be safe to stop distributing non-free software?  It isn't
just the proponents of the GR who should be compelled to present
figures.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Q: How does a Unix guru have sex?
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     A: unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;