Re: is Debian an anarchist organization/project?

Le 2002-10-30, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry écrivait :

> A big thing associated with anarchy is the notion that there is no property.
> Obviously those new to free software/open source assume we feel the same way.
This is a very common misconception. Free Software is in fact all about
asserting and maintaining property rights. The reason why the GPL can
exist is because society has established the rules of property and
copyright, and allows an individual to determine which rights on his
property he is willing to grant to others, and under which conditions.

Property is the very fundation that guarantees that GPL'd software
remains free. Without property, copyright, and law and a judicial system
to enforce them, there is no free software anymore.

Thomas.