Re: APPEAL FOR URGENT ASSISTANCE

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 08:02:52PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> [2002.10.19.0317 +0200]:
> > 0a. spamassassin is configured to score messages tagged "Yes" by
> > bogofilter very highly (10 or higher).
> >
> > 0b. seed bogofilter with a massive spam archive for the spamlist, and a
> > massive non-spam archive for the goodlist.
>
> I implemented exactly that. bogofilter screwed up a lot.  i eventually
> just reverted to spamassassin. it's probably an error on my part
> though.

you need to train bogofilter with good-sized samples of spam and
non-spam (IMO, at least 1000 messages of each) before it's accurate
enough to use unattended.

the goodlist.db and spamlist.db on my home mail server are currently
10MB and 6MB respectively.

on my work mail server, they're 63MB (goodlist) and 25MB (spamlist)

that's enough to be extremely accurate.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>