Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

>>"Matthew" == Matthew McGuire <gray@shadowglade.net> writes:

 Matthew> Minimal
 Matthew>  - Fvwm

	Why is fvwm minimal? How many window managers have user
 configurable window decorations? (I can create whole new buttons in a
 few lines of text). How many have mouse gestures available as key
 bindings? themes?  (well, lots of wm have those, I guess)

	Multiple Icon regions with gravity? Pluggable modules?
 Customizable animation?  Has any window manage got anything got any
 thing close to the FvwmButtons in customizability?  One can control
 the size and place ment of that, and have as many rows and columns as
 I wish, and rows and columns need not be the same size.

	Customizable menus, with hot keys, mini icons? Fully
 customizable to be mouse free? Timer based triggers that can run
 arbitary commands?

	Customizable Forms? Command input areas so you can type
 commands at your window manager at run time?

	Grmpf. minimal.

	manoj
--
 Portable, adj.: Survives system reboot.