Re: libc6 2.3.1 and statically linked binary with old libc6

On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 01:32:07AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 01:26:44AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > > Strange, they used to be there. I'd file a bug for that to happen then.
> >
> > I don't think they've been provided for years now...
>
> I know at one time I had provided them during woody's development phase.
> I can't recall why I didn't include them anymore. Maybe because they
> didn't link or something.

    Is this something that can be fixed?  If not, is there any way to
force static compiles that use the NSS modules to fail?  I'd rather
see static linking become officially unsupported than have have
binaries lie to me about their dependencies...

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.