Re: [desktop] why kde and gnome's menu situation sucks

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:46:18PM -0400, Luke Seubert wrote:
> However, even labeling that is this simple is going to confuse some folks
> coming over from Windows.  There are Windows users who do NOT know what a
> web browser is - I kid you not.  They know what "IE" is, what "Explorer" is,
> but they don't make the connection that IE and Explorer are *types* of web
> browser!  I kid you not.  (Heh, but then, we all have read Dilbert and UFie
> cartoons here - we know how bad it can get ;-)

Sorry, but then they should perhaps stick with Windows, if they don't
even want to know what *kind* of application IE is. I agree that people
might not make the connection between Net->Galeon and 'my hotmail
account/google search', but labelling Galeon as 'MS Internet Explorer
lookalike' is a bit over-the-top I think.

Then, I might have gotten you wrong.

Michael

--
"A user friendly apt-get dist-upgrade? I can see it now... A pretty
icon that launches a pretty window with one pretty button that says