Re: [desktop] first Debian Desktop Package uploaded

On 23 Oct 2002, Colin Walters wrote:

> For what it's worth, the first Debian Desktop package (desktop-base)
Sorry, I can't find it in the pool.  Perhaps we have to wait until
it is moved from incoming.

> just hit incoming a few hours ago.  It contains backgrounds and .desktop
> files which should be common across desktops.
>
> So the project actually exists now :)
Great.

> Right now there are just two desktop links, one to the Debian home page,
> and another to security.debian.org.  Suggestions for more stuff to put
> on the desktop are welcome.
May I lead your interest on my posting at this mailing list

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200210/msg01490.html

There was a suggestions but I got no answer.  May be it was overseen.

> Yes, I agree, we should let the respective desktop environment
> maintainers decide which programs are the best default.
I really like this idea because it is great support for the other
Debian internal projects.

Kind regards

         Andreas.