Re: Renaming of automake to automake1.4

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:06:55AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> If it isn't run automatically, the tool you are looking for is
> "autoreconf".

autoreconf may need to be invoked differently depending on source.

For instance, any package based on dbs must first:

1. unpack the source.
2. run autoreconf.
3. create a new diff.

(I do not know if this will still be relevant when dpkg-source v2
enters mainstream use; I suspect it will be).

Having a standard way of doing this non-automatically sounds like a good
idea to me.

Also, when I last tried running autoreconf, it didn't update the
Makefiles, I had to run automake seperately for that (don't ask me
why; I just wanted to get it going and wasn't interested in debugging
autoreconf to find out why).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>