Re: bison behavior changed

Richard A Nelson <cowboy@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Vincent Renardias wrote:

[...]

>> As the bison package maintainer, I'd like to hear from people having
>> difficulties to build their package with the new bison. So far the only
>> known (to me) problematic packages are pre-3.0 gcc packages, but there may
>> be more...
>
> Add openafs to the list as well

Cassowary, which isn't a Debian package (scwm wants it, but at the
time cassowary wasn't free, or scwm required cassowary configured with
the non-free GTL, or something), fails.

It fails in an interesting way: bison doesn't complain, but produces
an output file with a bunch of NULs in it.  I'll file a bug sometime,
but I thought it might be interesting enough to look at before I get
around to isolating the files which show the problem (it'll take me a
few days, I suspect).

[...]