Re: debian.org Jabber server?

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:44:39AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry scribbled:
[snip]
> 1) I don't want no stinking IM (often tied to the next item)
Nobody has to use it - some can say "I don't want no stinking IRC", too - so
that is a non-issue, I think.

> 2) we already use irc and mailing lists for "real" Debian work so why do we
>    need another option
Jabber has the advantage of being a uniform interface to several
conferencing systems, including IRC, so using jabber would just increase
the number of the ways users (or developers) can contact other debian
users/developers without forcing anyone to use it...

marek