Re: Translate files

On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 09:56:06PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> A future APT version will download one or some 'Translate-$lang'
> file(s) at 'update'-time. After this download it show a translated
> description instead of the english form, if it found a translated
> description of the package with the right md5 chechsum. The enviroment
> of the user will controlled this process (LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_MESSAGES,
> etc). With this the package system will never show a outdated
> translation.

Ok, we should start patching APT...

Jason don't have time for this patching and now I am searching some C++
programmer to patch APT.

The task can be split in this sub-task:
 - download the 'Translate-$lang' from a http/ftp/... source (like the
   Release file) and store the values in the APT-db
 - examine the LANG etc. environment and choose the right translated
   package description from the APT-db.

Maybe you can help or you know some C++ developer who has time. Please
mail grisu@debian.org and we can start the work.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Lasst uns einen Editor-War beginnen. Besser als OS-War, da ist das