Re: Debugging makefiles

Ganesan R <rganesan@myrealbox.com> immo vero scripsit:

> Hmm. On the other hand, I found automake useless for trivial projects. I
> found automake quite useful as the size of the project became
> larger. Granted 1.4 had a lot of bugs and poor documentation, but I had
> mostly learned to work around them :-). Like you said, it depends on your
> needs.

I found automake/autoconf/libtool combinations to be very
effective in developing small applications targetted for
building on several operating systems.

My impression is that people have difficulty with autoconf and
automake when they worked around bugs or deficiencies in previous
versions of autoconf and automake, and they no longer work ...

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4