need more loop devices

Hi

i wrote a small script which setups loop devices for my iso-images on boot. this is done with a small init.d script.

well, i got more than 8 images :-) means i have to load the loop module with 'modprobe loop max_loop=128' or something (i just changed it to use /etc/modutils). i also have to setup more /dev/loopXX files with 'mknod 7 XX /dev/loopXX'. i do this in my postinst script.

i have a working version, which works like this. but lintian claims i didn't use MAKEDEV (butt ugly, i HATE capitals). right, i don't, but after looking into the source of MAKEDEV, it won't help. it only supports 8 loop files.

what is 'the right way' to do that?

thx simon