Re: hdparm

Hi,
I my local usergroup, whenever I installed Debian on a new machine, I was
asked to set the harddrive to -c1,-d1,and -mxx.
So from my point of view there is demand for speed enhancement. I roughly
thought of a /etc/hdparm with the following syntax

[Drive]
 device=/device/hda
 dma=on
 io_32=on
 multi_sector_count=16

[Drive]
 device=/dev/hdb
 dma=on
 io_32=off
 multi_sector_count=0

By having separate device stanzas, the user can decide what he wants to
switch on or off for each device.

regards,
Marc