Re: *themetodeb

I agree; Debianizing a theme is pretty easy, at least for the
windowmanagers I know.  The harder part is identifying copyrights and
licenses, testing compatibility, etc.  Themes hardly ever have proper
copyright notices or licenses, and they're frequently derived from other
themes.

I've been working on the sawfish-themes along similar lines.  Where it's
been possible to contact them, the authors have been friendly and
enthusiastic, and every case of original authorship they've been quite
willing to apply the GPL.  (plug: preliminary DFSG-free results at
http://devin.com/debian/)

That said, there wouldn't any harm in fixing up the the theme-converters
package so users can debianize themes for their own use.  And if the
upstream theme archives started posting apt-able archives based
thereupon, it could be handy for some.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++