Re: Confusing package names and descriptions

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 02:08:07PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> progsreiserfs - Tools for manipulating ReiserFS filesystems

this package use libreiserfs to do its work,

> reiserfsprogs - User-level tools for ReiserFS filesystems

while this one does not.

> two packages with extremely similar names and descriptions which
> does not tell you what the different between them might be. Reading
> the long description I still can not find any different between
> the two.

progsreiserfs says in the Description field of the control file:

 These tools differ from the standard Namesys ReiserFS tools
 in that they use libreiserfs to do their work.

> Do we really need both packages? And if so, can we please change

what is the benefit of one versus the other?

--
gram