Re: Unmaintained Debian packages section&BTS tags

On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 07:17:12PM +0200, Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Colin Watson wrote:
> > snapshot.debian.net already automatically contains all packages
> > removed from Debian, so all we need to do for 2) is to remove the
> > package.
> >
> > Can you see why I think this is good enough? Users can still get the
> > packages if they want them.
[snip]
> Do you see, why I think your proposition is not a good idea? What's
> the apt-get source line for snapshot.debian.net? Media boundaries are
> bad.  apt-get/dselect does not show you these and that's also why
> Debian is so good. The experienced user with unlimited amounts of time
> will allways find the software he needs _somewhere_.

if it is decided that unmaintained packages will be removed, we can
probably talk to the maintainer of snapshot.debian.net and get a
directory that can link to all the unmaintained packages. it can also
hold Packages and Sources files so that people could just add one apt
line to their sources.list file.

--
gram