Re: New control field proposal which could help on gcc3.2 transition

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:40:46PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

 > I hadn't gotten that impression. At first glance, it looks a lot like
 > it would break any third party binaries that use C++ libs, which,
 > unless g++ upstream was what was modified, would still be looking in
 > the default ld.so paths. That'd pretty much defeat the pupose.

 I thought it was pretty clear that there's the underlying assumption
 that this would have to be pushed upstream for it to be effective.  The
 question was more "what's a good backwards-compatible way of solving
 the problem" and not "what do we, Debian, want to do to solve *our*
 problem".

--
Marcelo