Re: Non-Intel package uploads by maintainer

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

>> People maintaining packages rarely have access to all 11 different
>> architectures we currently support.
> They have if they want. Haven't heard of a maintainer getting refused
> when asking for an account.

Aeh, you are talking about testing the created binary packages on every
platform we have? Tell me how i should do it? Yes, we have the
machines, but howto get the admin team to install them everywhere, keep
them up2date, and convince them that this new binary is needed? And then imagine
every DD tries that. In a few minutes we are without admins. :)

It is not possible to test the generated binaries on all platforms we
support if you dont have them yourself.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!