Re: Kernel problem

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:11:41PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Which 2.4.19 kernel package did you install and what is the exact
> error message?

The "error" message is:

BIOS data check successful

Interestingly the very same message is printed my my manually installed
2.4.18 kernel, but not by the 2.4.18 debian package. The kernel from
this package stops working even before the message is printed.

BTW I just noticed that there is a break between the dots when loading
the Debian kernel. It does print quite some dots followed by a few
blanks and one final dot. Maybe that's normal and I never noticed since
you rarely see these dots. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes