Re: The dependencies of libc6 must handle packages that break without db1

> I don't see a way how this could be handled outside the dependencies of
> libc6. One possible solution is to create a libdb1g package in oldlibs and
> let the libc6 in sarge depend on this package (the dependency can be
> dropped after sarge is released).

Sounds like a good idea. Someone has already offered to do exactly this
(and please don't use the "g" extension, it dates back to hamm, and
serves no good purpose nowadays).

Or are you volunteering to do this?

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/