Re: db1/glibc debacle

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 10:14:43AM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>    uses libdb.so.2, since it is included with libc6. People should not
>    have been using it to compile against in the first place, given all
>    my warnings from the past about this (and all the problems we've
>    already had with it trying to keep the compatibility around).

For the next time something like this is planned: What speaks against
a shlibs entry marking the lib as obsolete like this:

libdb 2		unsatisfied-lib (>> 100)

That way nobody will upload packages with that lib given that every
developer at least test-installs the packages he maintains before
uploading. At least if would not be unnoticed as long...

cu
	Torsten